"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest."
~ Henry Van Dyke

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back to the boxes

This weekend is back to boxes and carrying as much as possible downstairs. Oh my! It is amazing to learn how much we have gathered in the 13 years of living in this house. I am still busy selling some things online. Many asked me about it but I am using a Dutch site which is similar to Ebay called Marktplaats. This selling is hard work. *grins* It is taking a good bit of time each day but I am bringing in money from unused items. I am hoping to pay for the laminate flooring but that might be stretching it. I already got enough to pay for the new furniture though. I am close to being able to pay for the floor to be laid so I am pleased. Every little bit helps, right?

We just ran into our neighbors at the DIY shop who were worried perhaps Jos was laid off as they saw his car home too often. We told them it was because of all this work. We have missed three weekends at Cranberry Cottage. Will the tiny house let us in the front door when we are able to go up north again??? There are four or five men in our little street now unemployed. It is scary if you think about it too much. So I will not think about it as I have enough on my mind at the moment.

Our floors are being cleaned well before the floor is laid and, if I can help it, our home will be as well dusted as I can get it.


The giveaway continues now this week and here are the next two sets I have ready for two lucky winners. Just leave a comment on this post to enter. It does not matter if you already won some. I just love giving! I will draw names this coming Wednesday. Good luck to you all again.


Edit: Please remember that if you do not have a blog to leave me your email address or I will not be able to enter you in the drawing. Thanks!

12 comments:

Nancy said...

I really like the first set best. I could give them as a gift, LOL, so you can enter me in your drawing this week for that set.
Love you, Mom

Brigitte said...

Oh, I know about all this decluttering. I do it regularly but it never seems to come to an end. There's just too much stuff that we tend to accumulate. And I even don't mean stuff we use for our hobbies. Sigh. I hope your selling through the internet will continue to be so successful.

Rhonda said...

I like them both!

I knew the US economy was causing many law-offs, I just never thought about it affecting Holland as well, it is real shame for everywhere.

Linda said...

I'm trying to declutter too Heidi. I'm working on one room at a time....too much stuff everywhere. We still go to the monthly peddlers faire, but I'm being very selective and I'm not starting any new collections:). I hope you get to C.C. soon, I remember how special it is especially during the holidays.
I like boths sets but I'm drawn to the second set..... hugs, Linda

Alice said...

It's good to hear Jos was not laid off. We have four families in our neighborhood dealing with layoffs - one mom has been laid off twice in ten months due to the terrible economy. Really an extremely hard Christmas for these families.

I hope you get to enjoy Cranberry Cottage soon! Declutter away!

Rhondi said...

Hi Heidi
I count you as one of my very special firends because you were one of the ones I found very early into this adventure. I hope that your floors get done soon and you can get back to normal!
We know many unemployed here too. These are very hard times,and there is some uncertainty in my husband's job at the moment,but we continue to put our trust in God.
Hugs, Rhondi

Reginas Cottage said...

dear heidi,
i like them both,but my favorite is
the second set.
i wish you many luck for your internet selling.
i wish you a wonderful time!!!!!
hugs,regina

Anonymous said...

I do not envy your chore. I have a whole attic waiting.

Your little give away is such a generous thing to do

Chris

Anonymous said...

Goeie genade, wat zijn jullie hard aan het werk! Gelukkig ook nog tijd voor die prachtige onderzettertjes!

Sonja said...

Would you please put my name in your drawing this time? Thank you for being such an inspiring woman.

DonnaTN said...

Both sets are beautiful! Please include me for both. I'm glad your cleanup/fixup is generating some extra cash!
ladybug8@bellsouth.net

Tracy said...

What a sweet giveaway, Heidi! I'm having one this week too--stop by if you get a chance! :o) So glad all is going well with the boxes and sorting out business...and that the sales are going well--terrific news! Selling my crafts online I know how hard all the work is "behind the scenes". And downsizing is a big task... Hope you're not doing too much, be sure to rest. Must thank you so much for your email--I appreciated it so much. :o) We're just over a tummy bug here, so I've been slow to write--will do soon--thought I'd drop you a hello here! Happy Week ((HUGS))