"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest."
~ Henry Van Dyke

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pink roses.....

On April 4th, Jos and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. We received flowers from friends and I just could not part with them. So this bouquet of roses was sorted to pick out the wilting roses and I rearranged the once large bouquet to a small bouquet in a pretty glass vase. When you have a bouquet that is starting to look sad, it is a great way to bring new life into it by pulling out what is wilted and reworking with what you have...


Since the bouquet is smaller, I looked around the house for a few bits and pieces to use with the flowers on a tray giving it more impact on our coffee table. I placed a piece of lace with a shoe pincushion, wooden spools with lace, glass votives with tea lights and an oil lamp. Unfortunately it still has a golden color oil from the winter season in it but I like having this height in the tray and the three flames as evening falls.


The little pillow was added which was just the right touch. It was a gift from my dear friend Barbara. I love using it in my living room vignettes.


These roses have lasted so long like my love for my husband. We are now working on our second 25 years together.....

"A single rose can be my garden, a single friend, my world."
~ Leo F. Buscaglia

15 comments:

DebbieSFL said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a milestone for you and Jos and may the next 25 be even better.

Anonymous said...

What lovely flowers and a wonderful post!!! I am still a romantic after all that has happened. This is so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Betty Lou said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Jos. Bud and I just celebrated our 58th on the 14th of April. Life goes so fast, especially when you have a good marriage. Love your little vignette, so pretty.

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations to you and Jos on your 25th anniversary. Milestones like that deserve a special mention!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Congratulations on 25 years! What a wonderful accomplishment...wishing you another Happy 25!

Your vignette is so sweet!
xoxo
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Lovely roses and what a sweet way to extend their beauty.

Hope you are feeling better each day.

blessings, jilly

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. I love the roses, the pillow, the lace and the wooden spools and the shoe. The color of those roses is beautiful. I'm redoing some of my garden this year and I would love to put in some more roses, they don't do that well up here in the nw.

Jenny said...

Happy 25th Anniversary Heidi! What a wonderful milestone to celebrate together. The roses are beautiful as is your display. Here's to the next 25 years......Hugs from CA.

Rhonda said...

so nice to read about a wife that really loves her husband and talks nice about him :)

I do that with flowers too, pull out the wilted ones and keep moving the still nice ones to smaller vessels.

wishing you and Jos many more happy years together.

Nancy said...

That is amazing that the roses are still lasting. Very pretty.
Love you, Mom

Rowan said...

Congratulations on your Silver Wedding anniversary. We are well into our second 25 years - in August it will be 40 years for us:)

barbara said...

Happy, happy anniversary and best wishes for your upcoming 25 years together. :) I recently read that a marriage is just getting "real" after the first 21 year together. :)

I love the way you display - you even make my humble gift look glorious. :)

Best wishes, dear friend. And give Jos a hug from me, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you and Jos. Right away I noticed the little pillow with "Ohio" on it.

I'm not good at arranging flowers, but my daughter always removes wilted flowers and rearranges them right up the last one standing.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Brigitte said...

Happy belates Silver Anniversary wishes! I just love the little tray that you had on display with the remaining beautiful roses and the lovely little pillow.

Melanie said...

Happy anniversary to you and Jos! Those roses are beautiful. May you and Jos be blessed with many more years together. :-)

Love from,
Melanie