"Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest."
~ Henry Van Dyke

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My weekly sip.....

I missed the Sunday sip but thought I would share with you what I will be sipping all this week...


Yes...that is right...I am drinking my Yorkshire tea with milk once again with a slice of delicious Dutch spice gingerbread. I have some good reading to do and nothing tastes better with my issue of the British Country Living than a soothing cup of tea.


Jos had been in England for his work a little over a week ago and brought me back a number of my favorite things...

More magazines to read...
     Yorkshire tea...
          Birds instant custard...
               Sticky toffee pudding...
                    Favorite cookies - bourbon creams, custard creams and shortbread...


He is once again this week in England so I am spending a quiet week at home working on a quilt and enjoying my tea with my magazines. Oh...and a cookie or two. *grins*

Any other British Country Living fans? There is a new and wonderful addition to the newsstands right now. The Create Your Own Country Home bookazine from Country Living. I bought mine and just love it. It is packed full of lovely rooms and inspiration!

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Heidi. Your new magazine sounds great. I'm very into Earl Grey tea at the moment and am loving this new taste in tea. Incidentally my book group is this afternoon and we'll be discussing the last of Oliver Twist. New book Nicholas Nickleby will be read this next month if you're interested - I know how busy you are though, so no worries. Patricia

Nancy said...

I am not a fan of magazines, but I sure am a fan of England. I love it and miss it a lot.
Hope Jos packs his suitcase again with lots of goodies to bring home to you.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

The magazines look like such a treat to enjoy as well as the other little treasures.

Littlebit said...

What wonderful goodies! I miss England.

Rowan said...

I don't drink tea at all but your Dutch spiced gingerbread sounds wonderful. I've been a subscriber to Country Living magazine ever since it was first published but I don't think it's as good now as it used to be. I've seen the Country Home book but haven't bought it yet - though I probably shall when I next go to town.

Anonymous said...

I was a big fan of Country Living and even had a subscription for a number of years. Then, I discovered the British Edition. It is just so much better than the other edition.

Enjoy your tea and cookies.

blessings, jilly

Anonymous said...

I was thinking what your mother said - is he going to bring back more goodies from this trip? It all sounds so wonderful.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

ElisabethB said...

Yes , me I was a french fan of Country Living (england)since.... I don't remember;-) But do you know from England too : Molly Makes magazine and Handmade living magazine .
You could love them too and you are lucky with these magazines:you speak english ;-)))

Sonja said...

En van al die lekkere dingen (pudding enzo) mag Jos strakjes natuurlijk lekker meegenieten! Slimme kadootjes! LOL!